Image Map

Wednesday 4 March 2015

[ Weekend away ]


Last weekend I spent a few days in the Lake District with my family, mainly relaxing & not doing much, having a break from uni work. However I did get a chance to take a look around the house my parents are in the process of buying. Its on a area of land at the foot of the mountains with lots of open space. While the house itself is lovely I spent most of my time looking at the old outbuildings, many of which had rusty, worn features!







Rusty hooks & chains on the sides of the barn (which I've already checked out as a potential part time studio, I'd never run out of inspiration there!)




In the woodland behind the house there was also some brilliant fungus & lichen growing on the trees, including this bright orange piece which almost looked like delicate, folded fabric.








These photos remind me of the lovely ones I've seen from Elaine Bolt's Instagram feed before that have inspired me in the past.  


I also spent some time watching this little field mouse below stuff himself with nuts from the bird feeder & managed to capture this picture before he ran away!






No comments:

Post a Comment